Do you really need to know how to edit PowerPoint slide shows?
PowerPoint is one of the most popular and widely used pieces of software used by businesses and within education to give presentations. It is very simple to use with a little practice and can quickly provide you with very professional looking presentations. However you do need to know about editing PowerPoint slides if you want to keep you audience engaged. Slides that contain errors or that could be better written will distract the audience from listening to the actual message that you want to get across. They will be spending their time looking at the errors in your slides rather than digesting what you are telling them. This is why learning how to edit PowerPoint slide shows is so important if you want to get your message across effectively.
Learning how to edit PowerPoint slide shows yourself
Many people will try to edit their own PowerPoint slides to try to eliminate any issues. This however is rarely effective as most people cannot see the errors in their own work as they are just too familiar with it. They also rarely see simple improvements that can be made to make their work even better. However if you are going to edit your own work the following tips will help you with learning how to edit PowerPoint slide shows:
- Always leave as long as possible between writing your slides and doing the scientific editing
- Ensure that you use your computers built in spelling and grammar checking, but don’t rely on it
- Use printed copies of your slides for your proofreading and print just one or two slides per page to maximize their size
- Look at the big picture first: do you slides follow a logical order and flow into one another?
- Do your slides have a common format, are titles in the same place on each slide, do they transition well?
- Slow down your reading by: using a pointer to touch each word in turn, use a sheet of paper to mask other lines, read through backwards
- Search for each type of problem one at a time: spelling mistakes, punctuation errors, different grammatical errors
- Check all facts and calculations: ensure all are correct
Getting effective help to edit PowerPoint slide shows
Learning how to edit PowerPoint slide shows yourself effectively is far from easy and it is also not going to be very quick. Editing your own work takes a lot of time if you are going to do it right. This is why it is almost always best to use a third party to edit your slides as it will be more accurate and much quicker. Our PowerPoint technical editing services will:
- Remove all spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors within your presentation
- Ensure that your formatting is uniform between slides
- Ensure that transitions are smooth and meaningful
- Ensure that your presentation follows a logical progression
- Fact check the content
- Suggest improvements to:
- Selected words
- Writing style
We know how to edit PowerPoint slide shows
We are a professional editing company that provides its clients with a full money back guarantee as well as on time delivery every time. We can do this as we ensure that you will work with an editor that is a real expert in their field:
- A fully qualified and very experienced editor
- Holder of a higher degree relevant to your PowerPoint presentation
- A native English speaker